THE COCA-COLA SUSTAINABILITY SUMMIT CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE PROMOTION.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The Coca-Cola Sustainability Summit Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 21, 2020 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on March 13, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States (excludes Alaska and Hawaii) and Washington, DC, who are of age of majority in their state/jurisdiction of residence and are enrolled as full- or part-time college students at a college or university located in one (1) of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or Washington, DC, as of date of entry. Employees of The Coca-Cola Company (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”), and their immediate and extended family members (including but not limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, children, and siblings) and household members of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in or win a prize. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, create an original 500-word or fewer essay describing how your college/university could build sustainability efforts on campus. Please email the following to email@example.com, to be received by 11:59 PM ET on March 13, 2020:
- In the body of your email, you must include:
- Your first and last names;
- Complete mailing address including street address, city, state and zip code;
- Date of birth including month, day and year;
- Name of your college/university;
- Phone number including area code;
- Email address.
- Attached to your email, you must include:
- Your essay as a Microsoft Word document (no more than 500 words);
Your email and essay shall constitute your Entry. Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address. Entries must adhere to the Entry Guidelines indicated below, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Entry must be original and in English.
- Entry must not (and entrants represent and warrant that it will not), violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Entry must not reference any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Sponsor’s), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable, as determined in Sponsor/Administrator’s sole discretion.
- Essay must not include any commercial solicitation or promotional materials, websites, contact information or personally-identifiable information (e.g., first or last name, address, phone number, place of work, email address, etc.).
- Any entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including, but not limited to, nudity, or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group), violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), or illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.).
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, the Released Parties, or their respective products and services, or other people, products or companies.
- Entry must not contain content that is false, inaccurate or misleading.
By submitting an Entry in this Contest, entrant grants Sponsor and all other such persons as Sponsor may designate, the absolute, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right and permission to use, reproduce, publish, store, post, display, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works of and/or otherwise use the Entry, in any manner, form, format or media now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising of Sponsor, the Contest, and Sponsor’s products, all without further notice, consent or payment. No correspondence will be acknowledged or entered into.
- WINNER DETERMINATION: All eligible Entries received will be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives, based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): 40% Originality/Creativity; 25% Feasibility; 20% Appropriateness to Theme; and 15% Sincerity. The three (3) Entries that receive the highest scores will be deemed potential Grand Prize winners (subject to verification). In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged based on Originality/Creativity. Decisions of the Sponsor are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, entrants agree to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Under no circumstance will information regarding judging be shared with entrants.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified via email/email link/phone and will be required to complete and return via email/email link, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release within three (3) days of Administrator’s attempted delivery of same. Noncompliance within this time frame, or return of Grand Prize or prize notification as undeliverable, or declining the prize for any reason, will result in disqualification without further notice and, time permitting, the next highest-scoring Entry will be deemed a potential Grand Prize winner.
- PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Three (3) Grand Prizes – A three (3)-day/two (2)-night trip for winner only to attend the 2020 Coca-Cola Company Sustainability Summit (“Event”) in Anaheim, California, May 5, 2020 – May 7, 2020, including round-trip economy class air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s residence, hotel accommodations and ground transportation from/to airport/hotel in California, meals while attending the Event and a $100 Sponsor-specified gift card (ARV: $2,500 per prize). Limit one (1) prize per person/household. If a winner lives within a 250-mile radius of Anaheim, CA, winner will receive a $250 travel stipend in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation for air travel will be provided. Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, surcharges, service charges, personal charges, taxes, travel and other insurance, additional transportation, gratuities, souvenirs, upgraded room accommodations and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, mutilated or stolen travel documents. Actual retail value of the Grand Prize may vary. Sponsor is not responsible for, and winners will not receive any difference between, the actual value and ARV of the Grand Prize. Grand Prizes are subject to additional restrictions. Grand Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Gift card Terms and Conditions apply. Winners must agree to depart and return on dates specified by Sponsor surrounding the Event, which are subject to change, or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel is subject to availability. If a Grand Prize winner is unable to travel on dates specified, prize will be forfeited and an the next highest-scoring Entry will be deemed a Grand Prize winner, time permitting. Winners must have valid travel documents prior to departure (i.e., government-issued photo ID). Sponsor is not responsible for postponement or cancellation of any Contest-related events. In the event the Event is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof but the remainder of the trip will be awarded. In the event a winner engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early and/or eject him/her from the Event, in whole or in part, and send the winner home with no further compensation. In the event a winner consumes alcoholic beverages (none will be provided by Sponsor) while participating in any Grand Prize-related activities, they do so at their own discretion and agree to hold the Released Parties harmless from any subsequent damages or third-party claims arising out of or related to such consumption. Prizes consist of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize in these Official Rules and prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS, RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Winners are responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the actual value of their Grand Prize. Failure to complete travel, attend Event, or use hotel accommodations does not relieve a winner of his/her tax obligations associated with acceptance of Grand Prize. No transfer, assignment, substitution or cash equivalent for Grand Prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to Grand Prize unavailability for any reason. In such circumstance, an alternate Grand Prize of equal value will be awarded (except as specifically stated above) and Sponsor’s obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. Resale of prizes is prohibited. The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand Prizes. In no event will more than the stated number of Grand Prizes be awarded. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of Entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor or Administrator suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional Entries by using multiple or different email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, Sponsor and Administrator will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Entries by any means which subvert the Entry process are void. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar Entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Contest entry services to create fraudulent identities) will void all Entries by that entrant. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, entrants/winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability (including, but not limited to, damages caused or claimed to be caused, losses, or injury) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use or misuse of the Grand Prize, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Administrator’s or Sponsor’s decisions, which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the Contest material, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the Grand Prizes. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Released Parties are not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer, phone or device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer or device transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Contest. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for undeliverable emails, including but not limited to those resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures threaten the integrity of the Contest; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the Contest as determined by Sponsor and Administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and all eligible Entries received prior to the termination will be judged to determine the winners. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- PUBLICITY: Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses and Entries for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law.
- DISPUTES: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF GEORGIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action and exclusively before a court having jurisdiction located in Fulton County, Georgia. In any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., evidenced costs associated with entering this Contest). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNERS LIST: To receive a Winners List by email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sustainability Summer Contest Winners” in the subject line. Requests must be received by March 31, 2020. Winners List will be sent after all prizes have been awarded.
- SPONSOR: The Coca-Cola Company, One Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313.